Friday, January 23, 2009

Accountability Means The Ability To Steal From Bank Accounts, Right?

I lost my wallet on Wednesday and before I was able to get home, look up the number and call the credit card company to cancel it, someone found my wallet and made a few charges on my card.

The credit card company took the charges off and all is well, but I found it really funny what it was that this a-hole paid for with my card. Let's play multiple choice:

A: Flowers for an elderly loved one
B: A donation to a children's hospital
C: Clothing and food for a homeless shelter
D: The phone bill for a federal inmate

If you guessed A, B or C, I appreciate your faith in humanity.

I went to the website of the company that does the billing for the inmates and guess what their little tagline is: "Integrity, Responsiveness, Accountability." Ah, the irony.

No comments: